Piedmont Ghost town
July 20th one night workshop photographing the awesome ghost town Piedmont just north of the Uinta mountains . Workshop will specifically be on star trail photography. A couple of Milkyway Galaxy shots will also be taken. Instruction will include:
• Best lenses/equipment and how to focus and use your camera at night
• How to find the north star and use it to control look of star trails
• How to properly light paint foreground landscape features
• Learn how to use Photoshop to create your star trail masterpiece
• A DSLR camera (preferably capable of shooting in RAW format)
• Wide angle lens should preferably be at least 24mm or wider.
• Sturdy tripod
• Extra memory cards and batteries
• Shutter remote or Intervalometer
• Headlamp (preferably with a red light for preserving night vision) and flashlight
• Warm layered clothing/jacket, including gloves (often gets cold at night)
• Extra food/water etc. that you may need when out photographing
• Laptop computer with Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom for classroom instruction.
Weather conditions are factor with night sky photography, particulary star trails. Workshop will be rescheduled to another night or refund if conditions are not right.
Workshop price: $139.00
Significant others are free as long as they are not a photographer.
You are responsible for your own transportation to Piedmont Wyoming just South of Evanston (roughly 1 1/2 hours from Salt Lake City).
Contact Shayne Shaw at email@example.com or 801-889-9855 to register for workshop.