September 7th and 8th. Two day/night workshop will have both classroom and onsite night photography in beautiful Zion National Park. You will learn to take breathtaking photos of the night sky. Instruction will include:
- Best lenses/equipment and how to focus and use your camera at night
- How to find and forecast the position of the Milky Way
- How to properly light paint foreground landscape features
- Learn how to enhance your night sky photos using Photoshop/Lightroom
- A DSLR camera (preferably capable of shooting in RAW format)
- Lenses: Both wide angle for night shots and telephoto for day/sunset shots.
Wide angle lens should preferably be at least 24mm or wider.
- Sturdy tripod
- Extra memory cards
- Extra camera batteries
- Headlamp (preferably with a red light for preserving night vision) and flashlight
- Warm layered clothing/jacket, including gloves (often gets cold at night)
- Extra food/water etc. that you may need when out photographing
- Laptop computer with Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom for classroom instruction.
Weather conditions are factor with night sky photography. Although heavily overcast skies can block all the stars, interesting nights shots can still be made. I cannot guarantee clear skies and perfect star conditions. It is uncommon in Utah to have several days of poor conditions. Even if the skies are overcast we will go out and learn proper light painting techniques.
Workshop price: $399.00
Significant others are free as long as they are not a photographer.
You are responsible for your own transportation to Zion. You are also responsible for all transportation to our daily photography locations within Zion. You can use your own car or you can arrange to carpool with other members of the workshop.
Each attendee will need to pay for any personal park entrance fees.
Lodging and Meals are not included. Hotels and camp areas are available in the Moab area.
This workshop is Sold out